Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Guess It Isn't the Right Time Yet

Well, as you know I have been looking for a new job with more responsibility and steady hours. I applied at Baylor and crossed my fingers, but today I received an email from their Human Resources Department that let me know I didn't make it to the final stage in their interview process... rats! I was really hopeful too. Oh well, I guess that it wasn't meant to be for now. Maybe I will hear from them on a better job soon. I was told I tested really well in all areas, but there were a lot of applicants. Better luck next time, Scat!

In other news, I have been eating right and exercising lately... ten pounds have vanished so far! WOO! I am running twenty five minutes a day and lifting weights, so I am happy to see these results, granted it has taken about a month already. In return for my hard work, I received a nice gift from the toenail gnome! I had a severely ingrown toenail, ouch! They cut both sides of my nail off on the 2nd toe, so it looks a little funny right now.... kind of like a rat tooth! It is healing quite nicely though. I have decided that I will spare you the pictures... I got some really cool pics mid-surgery of the procedure too... I guess I am weird like that. It was interesting.

So, Christmas is coming up and I am almost done with all my shopping! I only have four kids left to buy for. For my mom I am making this awesome Decoupage calendar frame. I made a blanket for my dad out of two pieces of fleece, one side is sporting the Cowboys... gotta have that! I want to paint a couple of wooden plaques for my sisters on top of what I already bought them. I just don't know what to paint on them yet. Ideas??

No comments: